Rechargeable lead-acid batteries are the same type used in automobiles. As with your car battery, how you use this battery has a significant impact on its lifespan. For example, if you forget to turn off your car's lights and drain the battery, a jump start may work a few times. But after a few full discharges, even a jump won't help, and the battery will need to be replaced. With proper use and treatment, a lead-acid battery can last for years.
If you are noticing reduced battery life with your ION portable speaker, please be sure that you are following our tips below for general care & maintenance:
1) Fully charge the battery before using it and after every use
2) For maximum life, drain the battery 80% once a month.
3) Avoid completely draining the battery.
1) Avoid storing in high temperatures and moist places.
2) For long-term storage, periodically recharge the battery. If you do not charge the battery for six months, it may not charge again.
For more battery tips and replacement instructions, please visit our guide below: