The Street Rocker makes all your favorite old music sound brand-new again with the high-quality cassette tape player/recorder. This boombox features AM/FM Radio, Bluetooth, USB playback, and a bass and treble equalizer for all your listening needs. You can also use the internal microphone to record over your favorite tracks. This guide will answer some of the most commonly asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What's included in the box?
- How loud is the Street Rocker?
- Does the Street Rocker run on battery power?
- Can I play music through the USB port/SD Reader?
- How can I record my audio source to Tape, USB, or Micro SD?
- Can I use my headphones with the Street Rocker??
- What are the audio source options in the Street Rocker
- How do I adjust the Playback Audio's Mode?
- How do I pair the Street Rocker with my Bluetooth Device?
- I'm Having Trouble Connecting My Bluetooth to my Street Rocker, What Should I Do?
- What types of cassette tapes are compatible with the Street Rocker?
- What can I do if the AM/FM reception is distorted?
- Further Technical Support
What's included in the box?
Right out of the box you will receive:
- Street Rocker
- Charging Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
How loud is the Street Rocker?
The Street Rocker has two full-range speakers powered by 14 watts with a 28 watts at peak power!
Does the Street Rocker run on battery power?
Yes the Street Rocker runs on 6 rechargable “D” alkaline batteries. You can also use the charging cable that comes with the Street Rocker. We recommend leaving the Street Rocker plugged in for at least 10 hours upon purchase for a full charge.
Note: The Street Rocker is not a waterproof speaker. Keep in a dry area at all times.
Can I play music through the USB port/SD Reader?
The Street Rocker can read a USB/Micro SD up to 32GB that is formatted FAT32, it is compatible with MP3 and WAV files. For more information on how to format your USB/Micro SD card, please visit the link below.
How can I record my audio source to Tape, USB, or Micro SD?
Please see the link below for a video guide on how to record your music to Tape, USB, or a Micro SD Card:
ION Audio BoomBox Deluxe - Connecting to Bluetooth and Recording your Music to Tape, USB or Micro SD
Can I use my headphones with the Street Rocker?
Aboslutely! Just connect your headphones to the 1/8” (3.5 mm) output on the side of the Street Rocker.
Note: When headphones are connected to the Headphone Output, the internal speakers will be muted.
What are the audio source options in the Street Rocker?
You can play audio from USB, Micro SD, AUX, AM/FM, Bluetooth, or Cassette tape.
How do I adjust the Playback Audio's Mode?
To adjust the audio play back use the mode button to change from Mono, Stereo, or Bass Boost. You can also adjust the EQ control on your sound source to lower the bass level. This will allow you to play the music louder before clipping (distortion) occurs.
How do I pair the Street Rocker with my Bluetooth Device?
To pair a Bluetooth Device, please follow these steps:
- Adjust the Function switch on Boombox Deluxe to the BT/USB/SD position.
- Turn on your Street Rocker
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find Street Rocker and connect. A voice prompt will be heard saying “Bluetooth pairing” when pairing and “Bluetooth connected” when connected to your Bluetooth device.
- Press and hold the Play/Pause button to disconnect from a paired Bluetooth device. A voice prompt will be heard saying “Bluetooth disconnected” when disconnected from the Bluetooth device.
I'm Having Trouble Connecting My Bluetooth to my Street Rocker, What Should I Do?
If you're having issues pairing your Bluetooth device to the Street Rocker please see our Troubleshooting Guide on Bluetooth connection below:
Tips and Tricks for Bluetooth Troubleshooting
What types of cassette tapes are compatible with the Street Rocker?
Here is the list of supported cassettes:
- Type 1 (normal bias)
- Type 2 (Chrome - high bias)
- Type 3 (FeCr)
- Type 4 (Metal)
Note: After extensive usage, tape heads can acquire oxide build-up, especially if the cassettes are old. To ensure the best performance, use a tape head cleaner periodically.
What can I do if the AM/FM reception is distorted?
Depending on the location of the Street Rocker, radio reception will vary. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can take:
- Disconnect the AC power for optimal AM radio reception.
- Relocate the speaker and see if get better reception (outdoors for example.
- You can also pair your Bluetooth device and use a Radio Application on your phone for better reception.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the ION Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.