Whether before the game or a fun gathering in your backyard, you can count on the ION Sport to make any event a winning occasion with its great sound. With its 2-way speaker system and 50-watt dynamic power amplifier, your music will always sound its best.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s included in the box with my Ion Sport?
- Is the ION Sport water-resistant?
- What is the wattage on the ION Sport?
- Can I charge my phone with the USB input?
- How do I connect my microphone?
- How do I pair my Bluetooth device to the ION Sport?
- Can I pair my phone to this speaker via NFC?
- What are the Battery specifications of the ION Sport?
- The audio output is distorted while using Bluetooth, how can I fix this?
- How can I get better radio reception?
- Is the Battery user-replaceable?
What’s included in the box with my Ion Sport?
The ION Sport includes the following items:
- Sport Microphone with Cable
- 1/8” (3.5 mm) Stereo Aux Cable
- Power Cable (2-pin IEC)
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Is the ION Sport water-resistant?
Yes! The ION Sport is IPX4 water-resistant. Though the speaker can tolerate splashing water, please review the tips below to get the best performance from the Sport:
- Bring Sport indoors during extreme weather.
- Please do not place Sport in standing water.
- Please do not connect the charging adapter to Sport in a wet environment. Make sure the charging adapter input, charging adapter, and power outlet are all completely dry before making any connections.
- Make sure the connection between the prongs of the charging adapter and the power outlet is secure and sealed according to your power outlet’s specifications.
Important: Keep any non-water-resistant devices (phones, music players, etc.) in a dry place where they will not be affected by water and cause a risk of electric shock
What is the wattage on the ION Sport?
The ION Sport comes with a 2-way speaker system and a 50-Watt dynamic power amplifier!
Can I charge my phone with the USB input?
Absolutely! Connect your device’s charging cable here. USB charging-only functions when the unit’s power is turned on.
Note: The USB port is intended for charging purposes, it will not playback any audio files.
How do I connect my microphone?
- Lift the rubber cover on the left-hand side and connect the 1/4" (6.35 mm) microphone cable to this input.
- Raise the microphone volume on the left-hand side and then the master volume on the right, adjust to your preferred volume.
Note: Both volume knobs need to be raised to hear the microphone.
How do I pair my Bluetooth device to the ION Sport?
Please follow these steps on how to connect your device to the ION Sport:
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on Sport and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices. You will know you are in pairing mode when the Bluetooth icon is off.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find “Sport” and connect.
- The Bluetooth icon will be lit solid when a device is “paired” to Sport.
- Press the Bluetooth button to disconnect a paired Bluetooth device.
- To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat steps 3-4.
Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0.
Can I pair my phone to this speaker via NFC?
Yes! To connect via NFC (near-field communication), start by pressing the Bluetooth button on the ION Sport. With NFC enabled on your phone, tap your phone to the NFC logo on the Pathfinder Charger and it will connect to Bluetooth automatically.
Note: See your phone's documentation on how to enable NFC pairing.
What are the Battery specifications of the ION Sport?
The ION Sport comes with an ultra long-lasting rechargeable battery that provides several days' use. Fully charge the battery before using the speaker, charging time will take between 4 - 6 hours.
For best product longevity, do not store at exceedingly hot (greater than 90 °F / 32 °C) or exceedingly cold (less than 32 °F / 0 °C) temperatures.
It is acceptable to leave your speaker plugged in. This will not overcharge the battery.
The audio output is distorted while using Bluetooth, how can I fix this?
You could be experiencing audio distortion due to a couple of reasons. Here are some helpful steps:
- Make sure that the device you have connected via Bluetooth has its volume set to 80% and then raise the volume on the speaker to your preference. Maximizing the volume on the device could distort the overall output.
- Try using a different device (for testing purposes) to see if you get the same behavior. We want to make sure it's not the Bluetooth chip on the device that is faulty.
How can I get better radio reception?
Depending on the location of the ION Sport, radio reception will vary. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can take:
- Disconnect the AC power for optimal AM radio reception.
- Relocate the speaker and see if get better reception (outdoors for example.)
- You can also pair your Bluetooth device and use a Radio Application on your phone for better reception.
Is the Battery user-replaceable?
Yes! In the case that your battery is only holding a charge for a few minutes after charging it overnight, you can remove the battery inside and replace it with a new one.
Please see the link below to request a battery replacement in case the battery does not charge right out of the box.
Please see this video on how to replace the battery on your ION Sport: