- What is energy-saving mode? And why do certain ION products have this feature?
- What Total PA speakers are equipped with this function?
- Tips and Tricks - Avoid going into energy-saving mode
What is energy-saving mode? And why do certain ION products have this feature?
A number of ION speakers are equipped with an automatic power shut-off to save energy in compliance with the energy efficiency regulations for compact audio products. Speakers with the energy-saving function will enter an energy-saving mode after 20 minutes unless an audio signal at a moderate level is detected from the XLR Input, the Aux Input, the USB/SD media player, the Radio, or a Bluetooth connection. In energy-saving mode, the display and lights will turn off and audio playback will be disabled, but the unit will remain powered on in standby. To resume normal operation, simply turn a knob or press a button on the unit or remote control.
What Total PA speakers are equipped with this function?
The Total PA speakers are the first line of products by ION Audio to feature this energy saving function. ION Speakers that implement Energy-Saving Mode
- Total PA Live
- Total PA Premier
- Total PA Supreme
- Total PA Glow 3
Tips and Tricks - Avoid going into energy-saving mode
To prevent automatic shut-off, an audio signal should remain active at a moderate volume level from the XLR Input, the Aux Input, the USB/SD media player, the Radio, or a Bluetooth connection. For specific input sources, we have additional information
- Microphone: If using only a microphone through the PA speaker, plug the microphone’s XLR cable into the AUX input and turn the AUX volume to 15 (max) and Master volume to at least 20 (of 30).
- AUX input with iPhone: If playing iPhone audio through the AUX input, make sure the AUX volume is set to at least 10 (of 15) and Master volume is set to at least 5.
- USB/SD: If Master volume is at least set to 01, the speaker will not enter ERP mode.
- FM Radio: If playing FM radio, make sure the Master volume is set to at least 5 to not enter ERP mode.
- Bluetooth: If playing Bluetooth audio make sure the source volume is set to max and Master volume is set to at least 5 to not enter ERP mode.*