Introducing the Pathfinder 4, the newest water-resistant, rechargeable speaker from ION Audio. This article will answer some popular questions about the features and functionality of the Pathfinder 4.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in the Box?
- What are the dimensions of the Pathfinder 4?
- What is the water resistance rating on the Pathfinder 4?
- How do I pair the Pathfinder 4 to my Bluetooth device?
- Does the Pathfinder 4 support NFC?
- What are the battery specifications?
- Can I replace the battery myself?
- Can I link more than one Pathfinder 4 together?
- What phones are compatible with Qi wireless charging?
- How can I tell when my phone is charging, and when it is finished?
What is included in the Box?
The Pathfinder 4 includes the following:
- Pathfinder 4
- Power/Charging Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
What are the dimensions of the Pathfinder 4?
The Pathfinder 4 is 17.5" x 14.6" x 10.2" (HxWxD) and weighs 22.9 lbs.
What is the water resistance rating on the Pathfinder 4?
The Pathfinder 4 is IPX5 level water-resistant, which means it is ok to get a little wet. Technically speaking, an IPX5 rated device can withstand anything from light rain to splashing water, to even water jets (think super-soaker). Avoid any extended periods of wetness (i.e. leaving it out in the rain), powerful water jets, or submerging the pathfinder in water.
How do I pair the Pathfinder 4 to my Bluetooth device?
- To put the Pathfinder 4 into Bluetooth pairing mode, simply tap the Bluetooth button. The Bluetooth light on the display will begin to blink, confirming that it is ready to pair.
- On your Bluetooth device, search your Bluetooth list for the Pathfinder 4, and tap the name to successfully connect your device.
- When connected, the Bluetooth light on the Pathfinder 4 display will remain solid.
To disconnect your device from Bluetooth, tap the Bluetooth button once again, and the Bluetooth light will turn off, confirming that your device is disconnected. Note: If your Bluetooth device is requesting a password, enter 0000.
Does the Pathfinder 4 support NFC?
Yes! To connect via NFC, start by pressing the Bluetooth button on the Pathfinder 4. With NFC enabled on your phone, tap your phone to the NFC logo on the Pathfinder 4 and it will connect to Bluetooth automatically.
What are the battery specifications?
When charged fully, the Pathfinder 4 has an incredible battery life of around 100 hours when used at a low or moderate volume level. Battery life may vary based on temperature, age, and volume usage of the speaker.
Can I replace the battery myself?
Yes! The 12V, 7AH lead-acid internal battery can easily be replaced when necessary. The batteries are readily available direct from ION Audio or other online retailers and are even easy to find at your local hardware store. Visit our link below to inquire about obtaining a new battery for your Pathfinder direct from ION Audio.com :
Can I link more than one Pathfinder 4 together?
A Pathfinder 4 can be wirelessly linked to a second Pathfinder 4 so you can playback a Bluetooth source in Stereo. Only a Bluetooth source can be wirelessly streamed between the two speakers.
- Press and hold the Link button to enter Stereo Link mode. Once a link has been established, the word LINK should appear in the display.
- Select which unit will be the master (left channel) by pressing and releasing the Bluetooth button.
- To disconnect the link between the two speakers, double-press the Play/Pause/Link button.
What phones are compatible with Qi wireless charging?
The below list is of some of the most current phones that are Qi wireless charging compatible, however, it would be best to check your phone's reference manual for compatibility.
- Apple iPhone: 8, 8 Plus, X
- Samsung Galaxy: Note 9, S9, S9+, Note 8, S8, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, S6, S6 Edge
- Sony: Xperia XZ3, Xperia XZ2 Premium, Xperia XZ2
- LG: G7 ThinQ, V30, G6 (US version only), G4 (optional), G3 (optional)
- Nokia: 8 Sirocco
- Huawei: Mate RS Porsche Design
- Microsoft Lumia: 1520, 1020, 930, 929, 928, 920
- Google Nexus: 4, 5, 6, 7 (2013)
- BlackBerry: Priv
How can I tell when my phone is charging, and when it is finished?
The Qi wireless charger has an LED indicator for charging. When a Qi-compatible smartphone is placed on the landing area on the top panel, a blue LED on the top panel will light and begin to fade in and out slowly to indicate that the smartphone is successfully being charged wirelessly. When the smartphone is 100% charged, the LED will turn off.