Enjoying the pool is certainly tons of fun, but the ION Audio Party Float takes it up to the next level. Here is a totally waterproof boombox that floats upright, ensuring you’ll always have your music right with you in the pool, even while you’re bobbing around on your big green dinosaur floaty. This guide will highlight some of the best features in the new ION Audio Party Float.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in the box?
- How do I charge the Party Float?
- What is the water resistance rating on the Party Float?
- How do I pair the Party Float to a Bluetooth Device?
- Can I charge my phone with the USB input on the Party Float?
- Can I answer phone calls with the Party Float via Bluetooth?
- Can I link 2 Party Floats together wirelessly?
- How do I save my radio presets on the Party Float?
- How do I change the Color Modes?
- How can I activate Siri or Google Assistance with the Party Float?
- What are the battery specifications?
- How do I attach the Pong tray?
What is included in the box?
The ION Audio Party Float includes the following items:
- Party Float Pong Tray
- (2) Ping Pong Balls
- Power Adapter
- 1/8" (3.5 mm) Stereo Aux Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
How do I charge the Party Float?
In order to charge the Party Float, insert the included power cable to the power cable input. Make sure Party Float and its connections are dry before charging. Never charge when wet.
Here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Cover the Aux-In, USB port and Power Cable Input with the cap in the locked position when using Party Float in water.
- The sealing cap also features a hole in the handle which can be used to anchor Party Float in water. Do not use the anchor point to carry or suspend Party Float, as this may damage the cap
- When using the cupholders or pong tray, inserting heavy containers may cause Party Float to tip slightly.
What is the water resistance rating on the Party Float?
The water resistance rating is IPX7, meaning the unit can be dropped into a body of water up to a meter deep for half an hour.
How do I pair the Party Float to a Bluetooth Device?
To pair a Bluetooth device:
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on the Party Float and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices. You will know you are in pairing mode when the Bluetooth LED is slowly flashing
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find Party Float and connect.
Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0.
Can I charge my phone with the USB input on the Party Float?
Yes! Connect your smartphone's USB cable here to charge it. In order to charge a device, the Party Float will need to be powered on.
Note: Your smartphone and Party Float should be located in a dry in order to charge safely. Make sure the Party Float and its connections are dry prior to connecting to your phone.
Can I answer phone calls with the Party Float via Bluetooth?
Yes! Keep in mind, you must power on and pair the Party Float with your Bluetooth device before using it to listen to music or as a speakerphone.
When you have an incoming call, the Party Float’s speaker will play a ringtone.
- To answer the call, press Party Float's Call Receive button.
- Speak into the microphone and adjust the call volume using the Volume buttons.
- To end the call, press the Call End button.
- To reject an incoming call, press and hold the Call Receive button.
Note: If you get an incoming call during music playback, the music will pause until you end the call
Can I link 2 Party Floats together wirelessly?
Absolutely! If you decided to purchase 2 Party Floats, please follow these steps:
- Power on both Party Float speakers. You will hear "Power on, Bluetooth pairing."Make sure that there are no Bluetooth devices connected to either Party Float.
- With no Bluetooth device connected (blue LEDs on both speakers will blink), on one Party Float press and hold – and + for 2 seconds until you hear a short 3-tone melody and "Bluetooth pairing;" repeat this for the second Party Float. The melody will indicate the Party Floats are searching for each other to link as their blue LEDs begin to blink fast.
- Wait about 10-30 seconds for the Party Floats to find each other. Once “linked,” one Party Float will say “Bluetooth connected” (if the voice prompts are enabled). Now that the two speakers are “linked,” one speaker’s blue LED will blink fast, while the other speaker’s blue LED will blink slowly to indicate it’s ready to pair the stereo-linked speakers to your Bluetooth device (e.g., your phone).
- When the Party Floats are wirelessly linked to play in stereo, navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find Party Float and connect.
- Once your smartphone is paired, you will hear “Bluetooth connected” (if the voice prompts are enabled) and audio can now play out of both speakers in stereo.
Things to keep in mind when pairing to Party Floats together:
- In Stereo-Link Mode: UI Controls on both speakers will be active.
- To exit Stereo-Link Mode, press and hold – and + until the speaker goes back into pairing mode, saying “Bluetooth pairing."
- In Stereo-Link Mode, press Power to turn off both speakers.
How do I save my radio presets on the Party Float?
Saving a Preset:
- Press the FM button to choose FM Radio. The Bluetooth/FM LED will illuminate solid green.
- Press and release these buttons </ > to select an FM radio station that you want to save as a preset. A voice prompt will be heard identifying the selected station.
- Press and hold the FM button for 3 seconds to enter Preset Creation mode. This is important, otherwise holding down the <.> buttons will not save your stations.
- Press and release the </ > buttons to select from one of the 6 preset locations. For each button press of < or >, the unit will say the active preset number (for example, “two”). Once the desired save location is reached, press and release the FM button to save the station preset. The Bluetooth/FM LED will show 4 quick green flashes to confirm a preset is saved and then exit Preset Save mode and return to FM mode.
Selecting a Preset:
To select from the 6 Preset stations, press and release Play/Pause in FM radio mode. The tuner will jump to the next preset location and say the name of the preset location (for example, “three”), and resume playing the FM station audio.
How do I change the Color Modes?
Press the Light Bulb button to cycle through the different color modes.
- Color Cycle: The lights slowly glow and cycle through colors. Press and hold the light mode button to freeze the lights on one color.
- Red/White/Blue: The lights all glow red for one second, followed by white then blue.
- Beat Sync: The lights react to the beat of the music.
- Off: The lights turn off. This is the default mode when Wave Rider is first powered on
How can I activate Siri or Google Assistance with the Party Float?
Press and hold the Play/Pause / Call Receive/End button for 2 seconds to enable your connected smartphone's voice assistant (e.g. Siri®, Google®, etc), and then speak into the microphone.
What are the battery specifications?
The Party Float can hold a charge up 20 Hours depending on use. Recharge time will take up 4 hours.
How do I attach the Pong tray?
To attach the included pong tray, align the protrusions on the bottom of the tray with the cupholders on Party Float. Gently push the tray in until it is fully inserted into the cupholders.
Note: When inserting heavy containers the Party Float may tilt slightly.