Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in the Box?
- What are the dimensions of the Trailblazer?
- What is the water resistance rating on the Trailblazer?
- How do I pair the Trailblazer with my Bluetooth device?
- Does the Trailblazer support NFC?
- What are the battery specifications?
- Can I replace the battery myself?
- Can I link more than one Trailblazer together?
- What phones are compatible with Qi wireless charging?
- How can I tell when my phone is charging, and when it is finished?
What is included in the Box?
The Trailblazer includes the following:
- Power/Charging Cable
- Quickstart Guide Safety & Warranty Manual
The Trailblazer is 14.6" x 10.2" x 17.5" (WxDxH) and weighs 22.91 lbs.
The Trailblazer is IPX5 level water-resistant, which means it is ok to get a little wet. Technically speaking, an IPX5 rated device can withstand anything from light rain to splashing water, to even water jets (think super-soaker). Avoid any extended periods of wetness (i.e. leaving it out in the rain), powerful water jets, or submerging the pathfinder in water.
- To put the Trailblazer into Bluetooth pairing mode, simply tap the Bluetooth button. The Bluetooth light on the display will begin to blink, confirming that it is ready to pair.
- On your Bluetooth device, search your Bluetooth list for the Trailblazer, and tap the name to successfully connect your device. Do not connect to Trailblazer_BLE. This is exclusively set up for use with the Sound XP app.
- When connected, the Bluetooth light on the Trailblazer display will remain solid.
To disconnect your device from Bluetooth, tap the Bluetooth button once again, and the Bluetooth light will turn off, confirming that your device is disconnected. Note: If your Bluetooth device is requesting a password, enter 0000.
Yes! To connect via NFC, start by pressing the Bluetooth button on the Trailblazer. With NFC enabled on your phone, tap your phone to the NFC logo on the Trailblazer and it will connect to Bluetooth automatically.
When charged fully, the Trailblazer has an incredible battery life of around 90 hours when used at a low or moderate volume level. Battery life may vary based on temperature, age, and volume usage of the speaker.
Yes! The 12V, 7Ah lead-acid internal battery can easily be replaced when necessary. The batteries are readily available direct from ION Audio or other online retailers and are even easy to find at your local hardware store. Visit our link below to inquire about obtaining a new battery for your Pathfinder direct from ION Audio.com :
This video will walk you through the process of changing the battery in your Trailblazer:
A Pathfinder Charger can be wirelessly linked to a second Trailblazer so you can playback a Bluetooth source in Stereo. Only a Bluetooth source can be wirelessly streamed between the two speakers.
- Press and hold the Link button to enter Stereo Link mode. Once a link has been established, the word LINK should appear in the display.
- Select which unit will be the master (left channel) by pressing and releasing the Bluetooth button.
- To disconnect the link between the two speakers, double-press the Play/Pause/Link button.
The below list is of some of the most current phones that are Qi wireless charging compatible, however, it would be best to check your phone's reference manual for compatibility.
- Apple iPhone: 12, 12 Pro, 12 Mini, SE 2 (2020) 2nd Generation
- Samsung Galaxy: Note 9, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Note 20, 5G, Ultra 5G, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, S6, S6 Edge
- Sony: Xperia XZ3, Xperia XZ2 Premium, Xperia XZ2
- LG: G8s ThinQ, V50 ThinQ, V40 ThinQ, G8 ThinQ, G7 ThinQ
- Nokia: 9 PureView, 8 Sirocco
- Huawei: P40 Pro (+), Mate 40 Pro
- Microsoft Lumia: 1520, 1020, 950, 950 XL, 950 Dual SIM
- Google Pixel: 5, 5XL, 4, 4XL, Nexus 6
- BlackBerry: Priv
The Qi wireless charger has an LED indicator for charging. When a Qi-compatible smartphone is placed on the landing area on the top panel, a blue LED on the top panel will light and begin to fade in and out slowly to indicate that the smartphone is successfully being charged wirelessly. When the smartphone is 100% charged, the LED will turn off.